My first car was a 1986 Mercury Link which is the same as a Ford Escort. I bought it for $250 and drove it off the lot with no plates. I stopped by my friend's house and her dad made me leave the car there. Over the next couple of weeks I worked on fixing the car since it needed a little body work and a taillight. I actually found the same colored car in the junkyard and my friend helped me pick up the parts. Her brother actually spray painted the whole car and it actually looked decent from 25 feet away.
I actually drove the car a few times from Massachusetts to Florida. The last time I drove it down to Florida the tires were worn down to the steel belts and the front end was shaking. It finally died on the day I went to trade it in. The steering broke and I sold it to a garage across the street for $100 or so.
I went back to the garage where I sold the car a few days later to pick up my personal affects I left in it. Unfortunately, one of the mechanics took the car out while he was drunk after he fixed it. He subsequently wrapped the car around a tree and I was told there was only pieces left. I was unable to retrieve my grandfather's tools I left in the car. I have owned dozen of cars since then but my old Mercury will still be my favorite.
Great job. The only things you have left are journals 13&14, the conclusion post, and don't forget to post your papers.
ReplyDelete